


I would have to go back to 1970 to my schooling at Visual Arts.
Paul Georges, The Figurative Alliance. Up to 1978 I was a figurative artist. Then in 1979 I began making more abstract things. In 1983 I began making paintings from the landscape again in B/W and figures would appear in the swoosh of paint.
I tried different times to make something of this and when I thought I had suceeded I was either defeated by my own critical conscious, or others response. My reaction was to make an abstract formal Quest much like Abstract Expressionism. So the figure I present now here-- is an outcome of all this foreground.
In 1988, again I would try to make a figure usually out in California.
I had an idea of a figure of imagination, a blue figure.
There was a Piraeus Apollo I found in the books and It became a model or ideal. He was coming from the reeds. A essay by Paul de Mann on Wordsworth and Yeats I think lead me back there.
No comments:
Post a Comment