Wednesday, February 2, 2011

before Villa of the Sun



As I've said else where--

Each fall I'd come back to NYC and begin my winter's work.

I wasn't sure yet where I was going. These following things are what I was trying out nothing much emerged though Im sorry I didn't push each thing harder though I was looking for something else and any way I had lost my audience.

I was battling besides my rent in NY and in Long Island. It would be my last in Long Island til 1995.I guess a similar thing was going on as now. My rent was increasing in both places and we were making less money. Wall Street was moving into each place with outsized residences ruining much of both places. But enough of that. They were buying my paintings.

I made the above painting which seemed to figure out the whole Singer of the Sun series. I tried to make more and had alot of trouble figuring it out-- guess though I wasnt pushing hard enough as I was actually looking for the Villa paintings that would soon follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment